The Completion Relaes Device has a robust and clean design involving a minimum of leak paths with all seals generated by premium threads. Control lines are continuously fed through the assembly with no need for additional splicing or anchoring. Prior to shipping offshore, the CRD is made up to the packer assembly and, if applicable, the control lines are fed through. Hence, no extra rig time or crew is required for field installation.
The CRD is a patented product.
- Completion retrieval without intervention or tubing cutting
- Premium threads, metal-to-metal seals with minimum leak paths
- Control lines continuously pre-fed through CRD with no control line splicing or fittings.
- Autonomous and precise cutting and plugging of downhole control lines upon completion release
- Integrated in production/ isolation packer assembly, no-rig time or offshore crew used
- Short length, allows for cement logging, plugging, cementing etc. immediately above packer after release
- No control line interference or intervention obstructions: - Fullbore access with no internal upsets when installed - Smooth interfaces with no internal upsets after release - Ratch-latch mechanism with slick intervention and tie-back between new- and old completion strings for re-completion operations
- Can be integrated with all types and brands of production- and isolation packers
- Secondary cut-to-release feature independent of potential compressional forces in the completion string
- Millable with no rotational parts
- Debris tolerant design
- Reduced risks and HSE exposure associated with P&A and recompletion operations
- Saved time and cost for completion retrievals/ P&A’s/ recompletions
To learn more about our Completion Release Device (CRD), contact your local Sales Department