The High Expansion Retrievable Bridge Plug (HEX), is the most versatile mechanical plug on the market. It has been designed to pass through extremely narrow wellbore restrictions (such as valves, nipples and straddles) and set in larger ID casing.
The High Expansion Retrievable Bridge Plug (HEX) is ideally suited as a liner barrier for workover operations, avoiding unnecessary well kill operations which often result in near wellbore reservoir damage.
- Highest expansion retrievable bridge plug on the market
- Centralising adapter kit that ensures the sealing element is centralised when setting the plug
- Short tool length
- Ideal for workover applications: tubing barrier, packer for injection valve, fixed choke etc.
- Slim design (small OD)
- Equalise and retrieve with standard GS in a single operation (no prong required)
- Can be run on slickline, e-line, coiled tubing and pipe
- Other sizes available on request
For more information about our High Expansion Retrievable Bridge Plug (HEX), please contact our sales department.
Case Study: Hex Plugs for a new customer in Norway
Case Study: 350-700 High Expansion (HEX) Bridge Plug
Case Study: 440-700 High Expansion (HEX) Straddle
Case Study: High Expansion Solution for Horizontal Well
Case Study: Significant Cost Savings with High Expansion Solution
Case Study: Application Modified HEX
Case Study: Modified HEX solution in Australia
Case Study: High Expansion Bridge Plug in The Middle East
Case Study: Deep-set HEX in Gulf of Mexico
Case Study: Modified HEX Tubing Packer with 3M™ Ceramic Sand Screens
SPE article: 176247 High Expansion Technology Opens the Way for Enhanced Recovery