The FAV is a valve designed to be run open to enable high rate circulation / displacement in the reverse direction. It's closed by increasing the flow rate through the unit to above a predetermined value. Alternatively, it can be closed by dropping a ball to land on a ball seat and applying pressure. Either way will create a positive differential pressure over the valve. A changeable orifice can adjust the flow rate limits required for closing.
After the FAV has closed, the valve provides a barrier tested and qualified in accordance with ISO 14310:2008 V0 up to 345 bar (5000 psi) at 4-150˚C and 483 bar (7000 psi) at 60-130˚C and Validation Grade V6 up to 517 bar (7500 psi) at 4˚C.
- Adjustable sizes
- Adjustable closing flowrate
- Optional ball drop closure
- Multiple closure options
- ISO V0 qualified: 345 bar, 4-150˚C
- ISO V0 qualified: 483 bar, 60-130˚C
- ISP V6 qualified: 517 bar at 4C˚
- Short makeup length and a large flow area
- Adaptable to different packers by using an interface
- Resistant to closing in an event of reverse flow to kill the well
For more information please contact your local sales department
View related case studies: