The FAV is a valve designed to be run open to enable high rate circulation / displacement in the reverse direction. It's closed by increasing the flow rate through the unit to above a predetermined value. Alternatively, it can be closed by dropping a ball to land on a ball seat and applying pressure. Either way will create a positive differential pressure over the valve. A changeable orifice can adjust the flow rate limits required for closing.
After the FAV has closed, the valve provides a barrier tested and qualified in accordance with ISO 14310:2008 V0 up to 345 bar [5000 psi] at 4-150˚C [39.2-302˚F] and 483 bar [7000 psi] at 60-130˚C [140-266˚F] and Validation Grade V6 up to 517 bar [7500 psi] at 4˚C [39.2˚F].
- Adjustable sizes
- Adjustable closing flowrate
- Optional ball drop closure
- Multiple closure options
- ISO V0 qualified: 345 bar [5000 psi], 4-150˚C [39.2-302˚F]
- ISO V0 qualified: 483 bar[7000 psi], 60-130˚C [140-266˚F]
- ISP V6 qualified: 517 bar [7500 psi] at 4C˚ [39.2˚F]
- Short makeup length and a large flow area
- Adaptable to different packers by using an interface
- Resistant to closing in an event of reverse flow to kill the well
For more information please contact your local sales department
View related case studies: