The IBV is an intelligent downhole barrier valve designed to complement plugging devices, enhancing and adding efficiencies to operations by reducing interventions. It is a multicycle valve qualified to V0 according to ISO14310. The IBV meets the market’s need for an ‘on demand’ barrier, ensuring reliable pressure integrity when required.
It may be commanded open to allow flow control access through the valve to safely equalize, circulate, or produce. Multi-cycling is possible without intervention/control lines by in-well communication or sequential programming of Interwell’s intelligent software. The software detects commands reliably, allowing the operator to ‘talk’ with the valve downhole through applied pressure, hydrostatic pressure, timers, etc. The command setup can be tailored for any application.
Utilising the technology within the IBV reduces operational risk, reduces cost and increases possibilities for multiple well operations.
- Well logging capabilities
- Multiple open/close feature
- Intelligent software with Bluetooth connection – easy to change set-up
- Qualified to ISO14310 V0
- Flow capabilities verified through extensive flow testing
- Idealized flow path – low pressure drop
- Extensive Battery life
- Activation flexibility (pressure, time, hydrostatic)
- Other options may be available upon request
- Debris tolerant
For more information please contact our sales department.
View related case studies: